At Clairlea-Westview, we are committed first and foremost to providing a quality house league for the boys and girls in our local neighborhoods, and to doing so at affordable rates.
The aims of the club are:
- To foster a spirit of sportsmanship and fair play in the young people of the community, through participation in the sport of soccer.
- To stress that the desire to win should not overrule the objective of molding the image of the young people in the concepts of teamwork and comradeship.
- To promote and develop the game of soccer at the lowest cost to parents, players and the community.
There's a growing trend at the Clairlea-Westview Soccer Club that demonstrates the strength of our approach and the health of the club: every year, more and more of our coaches and referees are former (or current!) club players.
Providing a quality house league means a few things:
Team coaches are offered coaching clinics and encouraged to become certified through the Ontario Soccer Association (OSA).
Every referee has been trained in a sanctioned programme and received OSA certification. As our players get older, we encourage them to become referees and where possible, pay them to referee younger age groups. Game fields are of the highest quality available to us, and properly lined.
- Is provided with a jersey in the team colours, shorts and socks.
- Up to 7 years of age receive a participation trophy at the end of the season
- Over 7 years old, at the end of the season trophies are awarded to the age group winners.
- Participates in the Cup Tournament in September, Cup Winners and Cup Finalists are awarded trophies.
Sportsmanship is promoted throughout the season, and at the end of the year a player from each team is awarded the Sportsperson of the Year trophy.
We also offer competitive programs, and we do so for one main reason: we believe that to best serve the children of the community, we should provide a home for the most talented players who will benefit from a caliber of play and additional instruction that exceeds the level of the house league. The house league is not regarded as the feeder system for the rep teams; rather, the rep teams are places into which some house league players will grow.
At Clairlea-Westview, our objective is to provide a complete range of soccer services to the children we serve. We don't believe soccer starts in the spring and ends in the fall. We also provide an indoor development program and we enter a few selected teams into rep-level indoor leagues.